We want all of our patients to have a pleasant and timely (but hopefully not time-consuming) experience. In order to provide an efficient, streamlined, and positive experience, we have implemented the following office policies:
Scheduling / Appointments
- Scheduling: If you plan to use your medical insurance or vision plan benefits for your exam, please have that information available when scheduling your appointment. This allows our staff to get you scheduled more efficiently and allows us plenty of time to verify coverage and benefits prior to your appointment.
- Appointment Confirmation: Patients will be contacted by a staff member the business day prior to a scheduled appointment to confirm the appointment. We will leave a voicemail if able.
- Cancellations: We ask that patients give our office much notice as possible (ideally one business day) if an appointment will be missed or needs to be rescheduled.
- Late Arrival: We understand that sometimes things happen that can't be avoided. If something is preventing you from arriving on time for your scheduled appointment, please call to notify a staff member. We may ask you to reschedule your appointment if you will be more than 15 minutes late for your appointment to avoid delaying other patients' appointments. Patients arriving more than 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time without prior notification will be asked to reschedule to another date.
- Missed Appointments: Our business and therefore our families are dependent on our patients showing up for scheduled appointments. In the event of a missed appointment without notice (a.k.a. a no-call no-show), a $25 no-show fee will be applied to be collected prior to scheduling another appointment.
Optical / Contact Lenses
- Frame/Lens Warranties: Our optical lab partners and frame vendors are selected primarily on the quality of the products, customer service, and warranty programs. Most of our frames and lens partners have a 1-2 year manufacturer's warranty at no extra cost to us or you! The coverage of these warranties can vary slightly from company to company; please contact our staff if you have a question about frame/lens warranties.
- Prescription Adaptation Issues: Our optical lab partners offer up to 90 days for a remake due to a prescription change or prescribing error. Please call to let us know you are having issues as soon as you suspect any issue with your new glasses, and we'll be happy to see you to check on the issue!
- Contact Lens Evaluation: Examination and fitting for contact lenses takes extra time and expertise beyond that of a comprehensive eye examination. For that reason, we have a set schedule of evaluation fees for the various types of contact lenses. If you have questions about our contact lens evaluation fees, please contact our office.
- Spectacle and Contact Lens Prescriptions: In accordance with FTC regulations, patients will be provided with a copy of the valid contact lens or spectacle prescription after a prescription has been finalized and all applicable fees have been collected.
- Pupillary Distance (PD) Measurement: This measurement is typically taken by an optician during the process of ordering glasses to ensure proper alignment/centration of the lenses in a frame. Patients requesting a standalone PD measurement may be charged a small service fee.
Protected Health Information (PHI)
- The Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) requires all healthcare practices, healthcare professionals, and any other entity that may handle PHI to follow a specific set of guidelines to ensure that all PHI remains confidential. For more information about the patient rights and the standards required of healthcare practices, healthcare workers, and business associates, please follow this link. A copy of our practice's Notice of Privacy Practices will be provided upon request.